ABOUT THE RETREAT:
This retreat offers an excellent opportunity to strengthen the communication and partnership between heads and board members. It will be held immediately prior to the 2017 SAIS Annual Conference.
October 22, 2017
Crowne Plaza Ravinia, 4355 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30346
Hartsfield Jackson International Airport (airport code = ATL)
The hotel is 1 mile from the Dunwoody MARTA station on the red line ($2.50 one way). Cabs are also available to/from the airport ($60 one way).
The hotel offers valet parking at the main entrance or self-parking in the deck located to the far left of the main entrance.
Your registration fee includes lunch.
Business casual (erring on the side of casual) is always safe with us. We want you to be comfortable. Be sure to bring a jacket or sweater in case you find the meeting room chilly. We tend to skew cooler rather than warmer.
There will be wireless internet available throughout the conference center.
Tweet us @SAISnews! The official Twitter hashtag is #saisBHR. Be sure to tag us when tweeting your event experience.
If you require any special accommodations, please contact email@example.com.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 561-5841 with any questions about this event.
THE FINE PRINT
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received in writing to email@example.com 21 days prior to the event will be refunded less a 20% processing fee. After that date no refunds are available, but replacement registrants are welcomed.
Media Release: Registration, attendance at, or participation in SAIS meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to SAIS’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions, and audio of such events and activities.
PAST PARTICIPANT COMMENTS
- The BHR is the best of all possible meetings with your board chair/head. I came away feeling and thinking more confidently about my headship and how to map us toward our future.
- The retreat was a great reminder of what is involved in a successful Board-Head relationship.
- The BHR was very helpful for my relationship with the chair.
- Very valuable and my board chair was very appreciative of the information shared/learned.
- The retreat was very helpful in affirming as well as challenging our current practices as a board. I appreciate the fact that SAIS offers this learning experience for heads and chairs to attend together.
- The most important thing about the BHR was validation that these relationships between boards and heads are unique, intimate, and that it's absolutely necessary to cultivate them.
- Glad to have the opportunity to bring the board chair to SAIS to see what it's like, how much support and collegiality there is, and that he is doing a great job!