2013 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Breakout Session Proposal Form
WHEN & WHERE
LOCATION: Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
DATE: Sunday-Tuesday, October 27-29, 2013
THEME: The Global Future: Preparing Students and Shaping Schools
The 2013 SAIS-MISBO Annual Conference is the premiere educational and networking opportunity for independent school leaders across our region. We welcome your session proposal. Please keep in mind that the audience is comprised of independent school heads and administrators (no teachers). The target audience includes but is not limited to heads, assistant/associate heads, division heads, academic deans, business officers, communications directors, admissions directors, human resources directors, development directors, technology directors, and facilities directors.
The 2013 SAIS-MISBO Annual Conference is actually two overlapping conferences:
Submitting a Breakout Session Proposal
- Sunday programming will be focused for SAIS members.
- Monday programming will be focused for both SAIS and MISBO members, providing a unique opportunity for all school leaders to learn together. Monday's general and breakout sessions will be designed to accomplish this goal.
- Tuesday programming will be focused for MISBO members.
- All attendees will be welcome at all sessions over the three-day period.
- To submit your breakout session proposal for the 2013 SAIS-MISBO Annual Conference, click the 'Submit a Proposal' button above.
- Submissions are due by April 30, 2013.
- Upon completion of the form, you will receive an automatic email confirmation with an outline of your submission choices.
- If you do not receive the email confirmation, your form was not successfully submitted.
- Those chosen to present will be notified on or before July 12, 2013.
- Breakout sessions are 90 minutes in length.
- If you would like to propose multiple sessions, you may do so by filling out this form once for each session.
- Speakers may be asked to submit a short video about their session. Details will be shared with those selected to present.
- LCD projectors and screens will be provided in each breakout room. Audio speakers can be provided upon request.
- Presenters must provide their own laptop computers, pointers, and any other equipment needed.
- Handouts will be made available online; paper copies are not provided on-site.
- All selected presenters for breakout sessions will receive a 25 % discount on their registration fees.
- Travel expenses are not reimbursed.
- Session slots will be determined by SAIS-MISBO staff.
- Sessions geared toward an audience of teachers only will not be considered.
- If you are a vendor, we suggest that you team up with a school head, business officer, or other administrator for your session.
- Please contact SAIS at email@example.com or Marc Levinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 921-3811 with any questions.
- Click here to see a list of the 2012 conference attendees.