We hope you'll join us for the second year of this valuable gathering of administrative and executive assistants who support the head of school as well as division heads. Session topics include dealing with difficult people, coping with the unplannable, working with a new head, using Google, highlights from the listserv, panel of experts, and small group discussions. Featuring Michael Thompson, Rob Evans, and other panelists.
June 14-15, 2016 | The first session begins at 10:00 AM on Tuesday, June 14, and the closing luncheon ends at 1:30 PM on Wednesday, June 15.
Emory Conference Center & Hotel | 1615 Clifton Rd | Atlanta, GA
Meeting Room: Starvine (South Wing)
| SAIS Member School
| Non-Member School
|Through May 14
|May 14 - June 7
|After June 7
Emory Conference Center hotel reservations may be made prior to May 25 by phone at 1-800-933-6679 under the group name “SAIS” or online. The room rate is $169/night plus applicable taxes and fees.
Check-in time is 4:00 PM. Check-out time is 12:00 PM.
Hartsfield Jackson International Airport (airport code = ATL)
The Emory Conference Center & Hotel is located 30 minutes from the Atlanta airport (ATL). We recommend using a taxi, Uber/Lyft, or shuttle service:
MAPS & DIRECTIONS:
If you are driving, please see the hotel's maps & directions page.
Parking is complimentary for all participants. Please read below for details based on your lodging status.
- Lodging: If you are staying at Emory, please park in the garage that is located below the hotel on the far left side of the main entrance. Take a ticket when you enter. Your room key will allow access privileges to the parking garage.
- Non-Lodging: If you are a local participant, you may park in the garage below the hotel on the far left or in the South deck, which is on the right as you enter the hotel property. Please keep the parking ticket you receive upon entry. When you depart, you will enter that ticket followed by a chaser ticket that you will receive at the institute registration desk.
Your registration fee includes all meals beginning with Tuesday lunch and ending with Wednesday lunch. If you are a local participant and will not attend the dinner, please let us know in advance so we can adjust our meal counts.
There will be wireless internet available throughout the conference center.
Tweet us @SAISnews! The official Twitter hashtag is #saisIHA. Be sure to tag us when tweeting your event experience.
PAST PARTICIPANT COMMENTS:
- This was the best professional opportunity I will attend all year. Can't wait until next year!
- After being a head's assistant for only one year, it is so nice to hear from others in the same role. We rarely have an opportunity to share with (or hear from) others who are wearing the same shoes.
- Interacting and meeting new people is the most important part of the IHA. Since executive assistants do not have peers at their own schools, it's important to find someone you can associate with, create a friendship, and have as a go-to person (outside of your own organization) for ideas.
- It was enlightening - and even therapeutic - to mingle with peers who face similar demands and experiences.
- I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The IHA allowed me to connect with two peers in my area and we are planning to meet on a regular basis.
- What a treat this was. The ability to share experiences and bond with peers is invaluable.
Business casual (erring on the side of casual) is always safe with us. We want you to be comfortable. Be sure to bring a jacket or sweater in case you find the meeting room chilly. We tend to skew cooler rather than warmer.
If you require any special accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact email@example.com or (404) 561-5841 with any questions about this event.
THE FINE PRINT:
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org 21 days prior to the event will be refunded less a 20% processing fee. After that date no refunds are available, but replacement registrants are welcomed.
to Use of Photo / Video / Audio: Registration, attendance at, or participation in SAIS meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to SAIS’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions, and audio of such events and activities.