Examine the nature of strategic leadership and explore a path for continual growth. Open to heads and administrators. Particularly helpful to those considering headship in the future. Especially useful for leadership teams to attend together.
Monday-Wednesday, June 19-21, 2017
- Registration is from 1:30-2:00 PM on Monday, June 19.
- The first session will begin at 2:00 PM; please arrive no later than 1:45 PM.
- We will conclude by 12:00 PM on Wednesday, June 21.
Emory Conference Center & Hotel | 1615 Clifton Rd | Atlanta, GA
MEETING ROOM: TBD. The meeting room will be located in the South Wing of the hotel. Please look for SAIS signs and staff to guide the way.
Emory Conference Center hotel reservations may be made prior to May 31 online or by calling 1-800-933-6679. The room rate is $169/night plus applicable taxes and fees. The hotel cancellation policy is 72 hours prior to check-in.
| SAIS Member School
| Non-Member School
|Through May 19
|May 20 - June 9
|After June 9
Hartsfield Jackson International Airport (airport code = ATL)
The Emory Conference Center & Hotel is located 30 minutes from the Atlanta airport (ATL). We recommend using a taxi, Uber/Lyft, or shuttle service:
MAPS & DIRECTIONS:
If you are driving, please see the hotel's maps & directions page.
There will be wireless internet available throughout the conference center.
Tweet us @SAISnews! The official Twitter hashtag is #saisISL. Be sure to tag us when tweeting your event experience.
PAST PARTICIPANT COMMENTS:
- This was fantastic! I wish every senior administrator at my school would have the chance to go to this institute. Everything worked together to provide the perfect experience, the location, setting, accommodations, size, faculty, everything!
- The ISL was very helpful and has allowed me to think about my role a bit differently.
- The ISL was more helpful than my masters program.
- The ISL gave me a network of people with the same experiences as myself.
- I found the whole experience to be provocative, reflective, and hands down one of the best.
- The experience was inspirational. I returned to school charged with new ideas and opportunities to derive new perspectives on how we see our school and create strategy.
- The biggest thing was that I have learned a new paradigm for looking at leadership at our school. This was a truly inspiring and career-changing workshop.
- I left with a highly clarified vision for strategy, and I am very clear on the next stage for me as I examine what I need to work on to increase my capacity for this leadership.
- In today's independent school market, the ISL offers a significant opportunity for school leaders to re-imagine who they are and what they want to be.
- The most important part of the ISA for me was the opportunity to spend time in an intimate, non-threatening discussion setting with other school administrators. I learned a lot not only from Keith during the sessions but from the other participants during the sessions as well as at drinks and meals. As a new administrator myself, I developed a lot of confidence from this experience.
- This was a very valuable experience for me and I would like to bring a team next year. The event was also very well organized and the schedule and venue was excellent.
- Keith and David were not only knowledgeable, but also brought a wealth of experience and wisdom into their sessions. They inspired all of us to think about how to do our personal best as leaders. It was a lot of fun collaborating with others and learning so much about the most effective ways to work together. Very impressive.
- They are two of the best presenters I have encountered in my 35 + years of independent school management.
- Both Keith and David are outstanding presenters. Their manner is easy, yet they both have a wealth of experiences and knowledge to share.
- Keith and David are excellent speakers. Their experience makes them very credible. The specific examples they gave from their professional and personal lives helped me get a handle on how I can apply what I learned at school.
- I really appreciated both facilitators — they complemented each other well and had a lot of useful current information and resources to share.
- Keith and David were fantastic. They have opened an entirely new perspective. I have a new gaze on how to develop as a leader and how to develop others!
Business casual (erring on the side of casual) is always safe with us. We want you to be comfortable. Be sure to bring a jacket or sweater in case you find the meeting room chilly. We tend to skew cooler rather than warmer.
If you require any special accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact email@example.com or (404) 561-5841 with any questions about this event.
THE FINE PRINT:
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org 21 days prior to the event will be refunded less a 20% processing fee. After that date no refunds are available, but replacement registrants are welcomed.
to Use of Photo / Video / Audio: Registration, attendance at, or participation in SAIS meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to SAIS’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions, and audio of such events and activities.