SAIS Leadership Coaching Certification Program
Ask any head of school if they work harder today than they did five years ago and the resounding answer will be YES! Today's independent school leader works longer hours, has increased expectations from stakeholders, and works with fewer resources. As a result, productivity, creativity, work-life balance, and an inspired vision for the school may suffer. The business world has also experienced similar struggles, and has met these challenges through coaching. Numerous corporations around the world such as Google and GE have embraced coaching and believe it is the most effective and efficient method for enhanced performance. While the educational community has been slow to consider coaching as an opportunity to support educational leaders, a paradigm shift is beginning to take place.
SAIS focuses on the issues that leaders in independent schools education face. SAIS recognizes the need and the value of coaching for heads of school and administrative teams.
SAIS is excited to announce a coaching certification program for independent school educators. Certified coaches who are experienced independent school administrators can provide an even greater depth of understanding for today's independent school leaders.
Each of the participants who completes the 40 hour program and the final exam of coaching will receive a Leadership Coaching Certificate from the Leadership Coaching Institute (LCI).
The Program | Atlanta, GA
SAIS is partnering with CoachED and the Leadership Coaching Institute to offer this coaching certification program. The Leadership Coaching Certification Program will be held at the SAIS training center in Atlanta on DATE TBD 2014. The comprehensive, "hands-on" program focuses on the knowledge and skills needed to provide authentic and effective coaching. Attendees will work with experienced coaches in both group and one-on-one meetings and training sessions. Each attendee will receive direct individual coaching from certified coaches and trainers, and will learn skills and gain the confidence needed to coach other school leaders.
Cost is $3,500 per participant. Registration opens soon.
Participants who complete the training and demonstrate effective skills will:
- Understand the concepts and practices of coaching
- Learn the values and benefits of coaching
- Develop effective questioning, listening, and communication skills
- Distinguish coaching from other helping professions
- Acquire cutting edge strategies to provide the highest quality and most effective professional development
- Increase leadership effectiveness for clients and themselves
- Be able to provide purposeful tools for increased motivation and higher performance
- Gain an ability to assess performance and potential in others and themselves
Who Should Attend?
- Independent school administrators
- SAIS members
- Those with:
- A desire to become a coach
- A mindset to succeed and learn about coaching
- A willingness to give and receive honest responses and purposeful feedback
- A commitment to new ideas, paradigms, and challenges