- We hope you'll plan to join us for the fourth year of this highly-rated event.
- Bring a group from your school - past teams who have attended together found it to be very useful.
June 17-19, 2015
Begins at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, June 17
Concludes at 3:00 PM on Friday, June 19
Emory Conference Center & Hotel | 1615 Clifton Rd | Atlanta, GA 30329
Hotel reservations can be made on the registration form. The room block is managed by SAIS. If you have any questions about your lodging, please contact email@example.com.
Michael Thompson and Rob Evans lead this enriching program on relational and personal leadership for independent school administrators who supervise adults, evaluate teachers, and/or communicate with parents.
This program is designed for administrators who are not heads of school and focuses specifically on the challenges of these roles. Teams who attend together have found it especially helpful. If you have a question about your eligibility to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration = $1,475 member (includes all meals)
Hotel = $150 per night (shoulder dates are $165 per night, including tax)
Rob Evans and Michael Thompson
PAST PARTICIPANT COMMENTS:
- I have been to a number of conferences but this ranks very high on my list. The hotel and accommodations, the quality of the program and speakers, and the overall friendly and professional atmosphere were wonderful. Instead of feeling careworn at the end of a rather stressful school year, I felt uplifted. Thank you so much.
- I have attended many seminars in my career, and I can honestly say this has been one of the most meaningful. I feel like I've gained a real understanding of the humanity involved in effective leadership. Moreover, the two leaders were genuine, witty, and incredibly willing to share their expertise and ideas.
- I thought it was great. I would love to come back again, if only to feel renewed and reminded of the things I know after a tough year!
- I have been curriculum director for three years, and my title just changed to academic dean. Having moved into this position from the classroom, I learned my way as I went. This seminar was like an oasis, and it was wonderful to have my needs so directly met. I know teaching and academics inside and out, but am learning as I go regarding leading adults. If you offer another, I will attend again.
- I am grateful to have been able to spend several days with such a great group of educators. Michael and Rob have a wealth of knowledge that is grounded in research and their personal experience. They were interesting and easy to take in. I sincerely enjoyed the learning experience provided.
- I have been in administration for 14 years. However, I just finished my first year as a division head. Not only was this conference tremendously helpful from an educational view, but I also regained my self-confidence and found reassurance in many of the difficult decisions that I had to make this year. I suffered from much self-doubt this year, but through validation, humor, and insight, Michael and Rob helped me reinvigorate myself for a new year.
- I found just about every minute of this conference valuable and illuminating. I hope to come back in a couple of years when I have a little bit of experience under my belt. I have a feeling that I will get just as much out of it then, too.
- This conference exceeded my expectations in every way. The conference center was easy to navigate and a perfect setting for this event. The speakers had such expertise in their ability to speak, draw conclusions about situations, and interpret possible situations.
- So glad I attended! The single best conference I've attended in years.
- I am moving into my first year as an administrator starting July 1. An important moment for me was hearing that so many issues with "problem" parents stem from anxiety, and that you need to get beyond the surface to find the root of the anxiety beneath. That was a great "a-ha" moment and it will be really a helpful touchstone next year. It already has been in the two parent phone calls I've fielded since returning from the conference! I plan to always ask myself, "What is this parent really anxious about that they aren't saying to me outright?"
- This conference made networking and talking and sharing so easy and seamless. I credit our instructors for fostering this spirit by eating with us, listening to our concerns, and being the great leaders that we all aspire to be.
- The best thing for me was realizing that all of the struggles that I have faced as a division head this year are not unique. They are to be expected, and the way I have processed them and reacted to them is in line with what others have experienced. It was really great to learn that I was not alone. I walked away from the conference with specific techniques for successfully implementing change and dealing with challenging parents and teachers. Overall, and I think probably the most important thing, is that I left the conference feeling like I have knowledge and tools that will give me more confidence and thus the ability to be a stronger division head.
- This program helped me gain perspective regarding what administration looks like and the differing paths you can follow.
- I found each session applicable to my own experiences. I have attended many conferences and workshops where the speaker "preached to the choir" without ever getting around to solutions. I appreciated that there was some information given for the underlying problem/issue but possible solutions were also given. Like most administrators, my time is limited, but I know I have much to learn. I appreciated the practical, straightforward delivery.
- What a wonderful experience! Very meaningful and lots of laughs. Many many words of wisdom. Provided the perspective I needed and keys to understanding the dynamics I deal with every day. Gave me the tools I needed to be more effective in my work.
- Definitely continue with this institute. I consider it a huge success and do not know of anything else --especially at this time of the year -- that addresses the issues of administrators in the same way this one did. Thank you!
- Rob and Michael are a great team and play beautifully off of each other. They are acutely sensitive to their audience and are very honest in their language. They provide wonderful models for effective interpersonal communication. Also, they have a great way of explaining issues and experiences that everyone can relate to but that people might not have articulated for themselves.
- They are a delight to be around; I have been with them at conferences before, but not exclusively for three days; they are professional, knowledgeable; have great balance with seriousness of purpose with appropriate sense of humor; both are highly relevant resources for any independent school administrator.
- Great thoughts and ideas were presented to us in such a fun and entertaining manner. It was a 5-star event in terms of information as well as presentation. I was never bored, always inspired!
- Michael and Rob worked together beautifully, wonderful counterpoints . . . bright, witty, engaging.
- I can't say enough positive things about both Rob and Michael. They are amazing presenters and are truly wise about the inner workings of independent schools. There was so much information that was completely relevant to what I have experienced this past year.
- I was really inspired by the session on managing change and have already made use of new ways of thinking about the meanings that are attached to change.
Tweet us @SAISnews! The official Twitter hashtag is #saisALI. Be sure to tag us when tweeting your event experience.
Please contact Lori Spear at email@example.com
or (404) 561-5841 with any questions about this event.