This event has reached maximum capacity. To be added to the waiting list, please email email@example.com.
June 15-17, 2015
Begins at 2:00 PM on Monday, June 15
Concludes at 11:30 AM on Wednesday, June 17
Emory Conference Center & Hotel | 1615 Clifton Rd | Atlanta, GA 30329
Designed for heads of school as well as administrators who are direct reports to the head of school. The ISL is also particularly helpful to those considering headship in the future.
Some of the most interesting thinking happening today in the field of leadership development focuses on the new demands on leaders in our volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) world.
School leaders know this story well ...
-the accelerating pace of change due to technology
-shifting markets for independent education
-changing assumptions among parents and students
-the pressure to balance individual and community needs while keeping a global perspective
All of these factors drive the need for a more strategic approach to leadership among senior administrators in independent schools. Furthermore, wise school leaders think about the future and the direction of these trends over the next decade and how they will continue to influence the skills and capacities they will need to be successful.
The Institute for Strategic Leadership will examine the nature of strategic leadership and how each of us can find a path for continual growth -- while we also help to cultivate leadership in our faculty, staff and students. Specifically, the seminar will address the following questions:
-What is strategy and how do leaders think strategically?
-What does strategic leadership in a VUCA world look like for senior administrators?
-How can we understand and harness the forces that cause us to grow as leaders?
-What are the critical skills and capacities that will be required of senior school leaders in the future?
For a deeper dive into the ISL curriculum, check out this article: Exploring Leadership Skills for an Uncertain Age
PAST PARTICIPANT COMMENTS:
- This was fantastic! I wish every senior administrator at my school would have the chance to go to this institute. Everything worked together to provide the perfect experience, the location, setting, accommodations, size, faculty, everything!
- The biggest thing was that I have learned a new paradigm for looking at leadership at our school. This was a truly inspiring and career-changing workshop.
- I left with a highly clarified vision for strategy, and I am very clear on the next stage for me as I examine what I need to work on to increase my capacity for this leadership.
- The most important part of the ISA for me was the opportunity to spend time in an intimate, non-threatening discussion setting with other school administrators. I learned a lot not only from Keith during the sessions but from the other participants during the sessions as well as at drinks and meals. As a new administrator myself, I developed a lot of confidence from this experience.
- This was a very valuable experience for me and I would like to bring a team next year. The event was also very well organized and the schedule and venue was excellent.
- Keith and David were not only knowledgeable, but also brought a wealth of experience and wisdom into their sessions. They inspired all of us to think about how to do our personal best as leaders. It was a lot of fun collaborating with others and learning so much about the most effective ways to work together. Very impressive.
- They are two of the best presenters I have encountered in my 35 + years of independent school management.
- Both Keith and David are outstanding presenters. Their manner is easy, yet they both have a wealth of experiences and knowledge to share.
- Keith and David are excellent speakers. Their experience makes them very credible. The specific examples they gave from their professional and personal lives helped me get a handle on how I can apply what I learned at school.
- I really appreciated both facilitators — they complemented each other well and had a lot of useful current information and resources to share.
The ISL is intentionally limited in enrollment to allow a seminar-style approach to these questions. We will also examine case studies to illustrate key ideas and learn from the insights of fellow participants.
- Keith Evans, Head, The Westminster Schools, Atlanta, GA
- David Mahler, Head, Out-of-Door Academy, Sarasota, FL
Registration = $1095 member (includes all meals)
Hotel = $150 per night
Tweet us @SAISnews! The official Twitter hashtag is #saisISL. Be sure to tag us when tweeting your event experience.
Please contact Lori Spear at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (404) 561-5841 with any questions about this event.