SAIS President: Dr. Kirk Walker
Kirk Walker was born and raised in Chattanooga, TN. He is a graduate of McCallie School ('69), was a Morehead Scholar at UNC (Chapel Hill), and completed his Masters and Doctorate degrees at Peabody College, Vanderbilt University. He has taught at the middle, high school, and college levels. He served as a supervisor of instruction (Ft. Campbell, KY) and as head of school of Bright School (Chattanooga, TN), Ensworth School (Nashville, TN), and McCallie School (Chattanooga, TN). Most recently he served as interim president of the Webb School of Knoxville. He has served as board chair of TAIS and SAIS. He is married to Patsi Walker. They have three children. In his free time, he enjoys travel with his family, hiking, reading, and badminton.
On-Campus Presentations by Kirk Walker
SAIS President Dr. Kirk Walker are available to visit your campus and conduct on-site workshops for your faculty/staff, board, administrative team, or other segments of your school community. Listed below are some of the presentations available, or you can work directly with us on a topic specialized to your school. A wide variety of topics are available. Presentations are typically 60-90 minutes in length, but can be adjusted based on the your needs. Trustee workshops are generally scheduled for 3-6 hours due to the highly interactive nature of these events. A flat expense rate of $625 has been set, which is designed to give all SAIS schools the same opportunity without regard to geographic location. To request a presentation please fill out the presentation request form. Topics include:
- Trusteeship for Independent Schools
- New Trustee Orientation
- Becoming an Outstanding Board
- The Changing Landscape of Independent School Governance
- Identifying the School’s Strategic Position
- Preparation to Undertake the Strategic Planning Process
- The Mission-Driven School and the Value Narrative
- How the Value Narrative Ensures Long-term Sustainability
- Financial Sustainability for Independent Schools
- Tuition Elasticity: Have Independent Schools Become Too Expensive?
- Current Trends and Future Prospects for Independent Schools
- Student Retention: Everyone's Responsibility
- The Multivariate Nature of Enrollment Management
- Preparing Students for Their Future
- More Than a Sum of the Parts: A Holistic Look at the 21st Century School
- Cerebrodiversity and the Teaching/Learning Landscape
Upon submission of the presentation request form, an SAIS staff member will contact you to discuss details and logistics. You may also contact Carole Weems at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 645-8965 to arrange a time to visit with Kirk or about the specifics of the presentation topic(s) requested.